ASUN Elections Spring 2021Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
The ASUN Spring 2021 Election cycle is underway. Soon students will be voting to select a new group of student leaders to represent them.
ASUN needs your voice, talents and passions. To build upon successes and address new challenges. Consider running for office when the candidate filing period opens January 25th.
As an ASUN officer, you can help address student needs and concerns through legislation, funding initiatives, and innovative programs. As a result, you will gain leadership skills, networking opportunities and personal development.
To quality for ASUN candidates must:
- Maintain a minimum 75 cumulative grade point average throughout the entire time you are in office
- Be enrolled in at least seven undergraduate credits
- Must be available to attend weekly Senate meetings Fall and Spring, Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. (Summer meetings will vary)
- Presidential Candidates must have completed at least 60 undergrad credits and have been a member in the Association for two consecutive semesters.
- Vice Presidential Candidates must have completed at least 45 undergrad credits and have been a member in the Association for two consecutive semesters.
How to Apply
- The candidate filing period is from Monday, January 25th at 8 a.m. – Friday, February 5th at 5 p.m.
- Candidates must submit an online application available at https://nevadaasun.com/elections/apply/
- All applications must be submitted and received by 5 p.m. Friday, February 5th
- Once your application is received it will be reviewed for eligibility. If approved you will be invited to attend the Mandatory Candidates meeting, taking place Tuesday, February 9th at 7 p.m.
Attend an Information Session
Interested in learning more about ASUN? Attend an information session. Learn about how ASUN is structured, ASUN programs and services, elected officer responsibilities and the elections process.
- Thursday, January 28th, 6:00 p.m., Zoom
- Tuesday, February 2nd, 3:30 p.m., Zoom
Contact Kevin Finkler, Director of Elections and Democratic Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration link for the information sessions—and with questions about elections.
The UNR student community is full of diverse and talented students. ASUN needs your voice, talents and passions. To build upon successes and address new challenges. Apply for office before the February 5th deadline. And help to improve the student experience by working on issues you care about.
- General Elections Information, https://www.unr.edu/student-engagement/civic-engagement/students/democratic-engagement/get-involved
- Candidate Application, https://nevadaasun.com/elections/apply/