Club Support Funding Essential Materials
Please refer to the funding policy manual below and contact your Commissioner for guidance.
Please use the following links to APPLY FOR FUNDING:
- » Download the Club Support Funding Spreadsheet
- » You can see an example of Supporting Documentation
- » Fill out the Club Support Funding Application on PackLife
For club support funding questions, please refer to, read through, and access these materials:
You will be held accountable for all information stated above. Club support funding decisions will be made based on the ASUN Club Support Funding Policy Manual.
Purpose of Club Support Funding
The purpose of Club Support Funding is to assist ASUN-recognized student organizations in developing events and activities for students, enriching leadership and learning opportunities, and providing support for club operations and infrastructure. Each funding request is evaluated on its ability to responsibly and efficiently serve students.
It is important to note that ASUN club support funding is meant to be supplementary in nature and should not be a club’s sole form of fundraising. The Commission will consider this when making decisions about funding requests.
Club Support Funding Process
Each academic year, the ASUN Department of Clubs & Organizations is allotted a fixed amount of money that can be given out to student groups in the form of Club Support Funding. In order to provide for transparent, responsible, and efficient allocation of limited Club Support Funding, the Department is required to follow a set process when reviewing and approving requests. Club Support Funding is supplementary and there is no guarantee that you will receive funding. Please speak with your Commissioner about alternate means of funding to prepare beforehand.
There are two parts that are required for a club to receive funding:
‣ Funding Applications – A complete funding application includes completion of the given Excel spreadsheet on the ASUN website (which contains the requested items) and supporting documents for each requested item. These must be submitted by the deadline for the weekly meeting which you are requesting funds. Allocated funds must be spent within 30 days of the funding hearing. Links to these materials are found at the top of this page.
‣ Funding Hearing – Funding hearings are the actual public meetings during which the Club Commission approves/denies each individual request. Agendas are found on the ASUN website under Meetings at latest 3 business days before the meeting in which funds will be heard per Nevada Open Meeting Law.
After the Club Commission approves your funding request:
If your funds are approved at the Funding Hearing, your organization is responsible for coordinating with ASUN Accounting and filling out forms correctly to take use club support funding. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more help with accounting and the process for using club support funding after it has been approved.
- A requesting club must have both their President and Treasurer in attendance at the Funding Hearing to be approved for a funding request. If one or both cannot be present, an email stating who will be representing the organization there (aka a proxy) needs to be sent to a Club Commissioner, the Assistant Director, or the Director in a timely manner.
- For On Campus Event and Travel Tier applications, 50% of the total dollar value of the application must be present in your club account at Central Station by the “50% in Club Account Due” dates for each Department meeting.
Dates & Deadlines
Club Support Funding can be requested under any tier at any time during the academic year. Weekly department meetings will be every Friday. The Department will notify you regarding the date and time during which the hearing of your club’s funding application will take place. Funding hearings are required to follow following Nevada Open Meeting Law. Therefore, agendas for Funding Hearings will be posted on the ASUN Website 3 business days before each meeting.
Please note: In order to have an application heard at the Department Meeting held every Friday, you must submit the Funding Application by Sunday THE WEEK OF at 11:59 PM.
You MUST attend a funding hearing and be approved for funding BEFORE your purchase of goods/services is made. NO RETROACTIVE FUNDING WILL BE GRANTED.
If your funding request is approved, please allow 48 hours after the funding hearing before picking up the credit card from the Accounting Office.
A Credit Card Request Form (Under “Forms” in Pack Life) must be submitted and approved before you pick up the credit card.
Fall Semester Meeting Dates:
The “NO” List
Below are items or uses that the Club Commission will absolutely not fund:
3)Weapons or Firearm Ammunition
4)Direct donations or contributions (A service or product must be rendered for all monies disseminated) 5)Retroactive funding
6)Illegal activities or supplies
7)Grants and scholarships
8)Transportation costs for an individual or group engaged in class work requirements or job hunting
9)Enrollment in university courses, academic requirements, or required academic activities
10)Legal services or bail bond funds
11)Duplication of services which the University provides for free or at a discounted rate
12)Items deemed cash or petty-cash by the ASUN Accounting Office or the University Controller’s Office which are outside of the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE)
13)Gift cards, gift certificates, pre-paid cards, and similar items
Below are a few caps for items that are regularly requested. Please refer to the Club Support Funding Policy Manual for all funding caps:
‣ Screen Printed T-Shirts ($15/item)
‣ Embroidered Polos ($20/item)
‣ Screen Printed or Embroidered Jerseys/Athletic Wear ($40/item)
‣ Screen Printed or Embroidered Sweatshirts, Sweatpants, or any similar long sleeve outer garment ($25/item)
‣ Color Copies ($0.20/side)
‣ Black and White Copies ($0.10/side)
‣ Airline Tickets ($750/ticket)
‣ Catering ($40/person including gratuity)
‣ Individual Conference Registration ($250/person)
‣ Table Banner ($150/item)
‣ Capital Items ($100/item)
‣ Vehicle Fuel ($0.2875 per mile)
‣ Shipping and Handling ($50 per order)
Clubs and organizations are prohibited from using electronic payment forms. Such forms include but are not limited to mobile card readers, credit card apps (e.g. Square, ROAMpay, PayAnywhere, Intuit GoPayment, PayPal Here, Flint Mobile Reader, and Venmo), and donation websites (e.g. Kickstarter.com, gofundme.com, indiegogo.com, youcaring.com, fundanything.com, pozible.com, and tilt.com) unless the club or organization is tied to a national organization and permission is granted from the Assistant Director of Accounting.