Finals: Tips and Tricks!Posted on Thursday, May 6, 2021
With finals here, I know that as a student, I am certainly feeling the pressure! Below you will find all of my tips and tricks to navigate finals, as well as some campus resources!
- Don’t cram! Research has shown us that cramming before a test is not nearly as effective as breaking up the information into smaller chunks and studying across a more extended period of time, such as a week or multiple days.
- Get plenty of rest! While this may seem obvious, I know we all fall into the habit of staying up until 3 a.m. studying and don’t get the rest we need. When we get enough sleep, our brains function much better and will allow you actually to recall the information you’ve been studying!
- Take care of yourself! Finals can be incredibly hard on your stress levels and mental health, so during this time, please make sure you take time in your day to make sure you’re eating, exercising, and allowing yourself breaks or relaxation as you go.
- Find a study group! This has been a lifesaver for me in many of my classes, and I know my friends feel the same way. Whether through a class Discord or GroupMe chat or anything in between, find people in your classes you can connect with to study or bounce questions off of!
- Counseling Services
- Pack Provisions
- University Math Center
- University Writing and Speaking Center
- Disability Resource Center