Homecoming Week 2021Posted on Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Wolf Pack Community Participates in University of Nevada Homecoming Week
Leaders within the Associated Students of the University of Nevada host a series of traditional events for Homecoming Week to encourage student participation.
RENO, Nevada — The Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN) will participate in a campus-wide effort to encourage student involvement through the Homecoming Week traditional events, alongside new events, from Oct. 10, 2021 through Oct. 16, 2021. The Wolf Pack community
of students and faculty are encouraged to participate in a myriad of events, all happening in person:
– Saturday 10.9 | Running of the Wolves | 4:30PM @ Corner of 17th + East Stadium Way
– Calling all first-year, sophomore, and new transfer students… It’s time to RUN WITH THE WOLVES! Running of the Wolves is an annual tradition. New students line up outside Mackay Stadium and lead the football team onto the field before the game starts. This year’s pack of wolves will be bigger than ever, because ALL first-year, sophomore, and new transfer students are invited to charge the field.
– Sunday 10.10 | Paint the “N” | 9AM to 12PM @ Reno Softball Complex
– Join the Pack in our annual student tradition as we repaint the “N!” Meet in front of the Jot Travis Building and where students will be shuttled to the Reno Softball Complex to hike up to the “N” on the hill. Don’t forget to wear close toed shoes
and bring water!
– Monday 10.11 | Roller Disco | 6PM to 9PM @ Roller Kingdom
– Take the Pack Back a few decades with 70s Roller Disco!
– Tuesday 10.12 | Undie Run | 8PM to 10PM @ Gateway Plaza (In front of the JCSU)
– Run with your pack in the traditional Undie Run! Strip down and donate your clean clothes and hygiene products! All items will go to a local donation center.
– Wednesday 10.13 | Blood Drive + Barbecue | 11AM to 2PM @ Gateway Plaza
– Stop by to donate blood and enjoy some free BBQ! Students will receive a free shirt for participating!
– Thursday 10.14 | Howl Fest | 7:30PM to 9:30PM @ The Knowledge Center Lawn
– Come join us for a carnival themed event with games, vendors, and more! Stick around until the end of the show for celebratory fireworks to celebrate Homecoming 2021!
– Friday 10.15 | Pack Midtown | 5:30PM to 7PM @ Midtown – Patio at Chuy’s Restaurant
– Join the Nevada Alumni Association, ASUN and Nevada Athletics as we PACK MidTown. Help us support local businesses by wining and dining at their establishments and wear your Nevada gear to show support for the Pack!
– Saturday 10.16 | Homecoming Tailgate | 4PM to 6PM @ Gateway Plaza
– Build Nevada spirit at the pre-game tailgate, where there will be games and food provided. Then, come show your Pack Pride as Nevada takes on Hawaii at the Homecoming game!
“I’m excited to bring back our Nevada homecoming traditions this year especially after almost two years of living through a pandemic. I’ve loved seeing all of the student engagement we’ve been getting at ASUN events this year and can’t wait to see the turnout we get for homecoming,” ASUN’s Director of Event Programming, Tara Okui said.
“I’m hoping students take advantage of this opportunity to take a little break from their school work and have some fun, meet new people, and participate in Nevada traditions. It’s awesome to see the community come together for homecoming each year; it’s something we’ve all missed!”
All events are currently being advertised throughout @NevadaASUN’s social media platforms.
ASUN hopes to bring back the history and excitement of being on campus this semester through in person events such as those during Homecoming Week.
About the Associated Students of the University of Nevada
The Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN) functions as the student government at the University of Nevada, Reno. Serving the entire undergraduate student population, ASUN provides resources and services to ensure its community succeeds personally, academically and
professionally. Student leaders and faculty are dedicated to providing a means for students to voice concerns and address issues at the university, local, state, national and international levels. For more information, please visit www.nevadaasun.com.
Director of Campus and Public Relations, ASUN