LGBTQ+ ResourcesPosted on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
The month of June is dedicated to celebrating and uplifting LGBTQ+ voices. Communities celebrate the lives of those who identify as LGBTQ+ through parades, protests, and performances. Memorials are held to remember those who lost their lives to HIV/AIDS; and those who were exiled, imprisoned, and murdered due to their identity. Although Pride month occurs once every year, celebrating and supporting the LGBTQ+ communities occurs year-round.
Below are local and national resources designed to provide a safe space for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- The Center. Every Student. Every Story. – The Center is a University hub for embracing cultural and identity diversity. The Center provides support, resources, and events to ensure student success. The Pride Program exists within the Center to provide a safe space for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Northern Nevada HOPES – Northern Nevada HOPES provides healthcare, social services, and community outreach to the LGBTQ+ community. HOPES helps organize LGBTQ+ support groups.
- Our Center Reno – Our Center supports Northern Nevada’s LGBTQ+ community by providing educational programs, services, and resources.
- The Center – The Center is a community-based organization to support and promote activities directed at improving the overall wellness of LGBTQ+ individuals. The Center provides wellness screenings and advocacy groups.
- Nevada 211 – The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services developed Nevada 211 to help connect Nevadans to services. Nevada 211 provides a list of LGBTQ+ community centers, advocacy groups, helplines, and support groups within the state.